This letter is to inform you of this year’s changes and provide you with some additional information to make the most of your benefits:
MEDICAL/PHARMACY PLAN CHANGES – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT)
- MUST eliminated the Comprehensive Medical Plans and reduced the number of RM and HDHP’s available for groups to choose from. This year in accordance with IRS rules that govern how HDHP’s may be used with Health Savings Accounts (HSA) HDHP 2800 was eliminated.
- The eye exam that was previously included with the medical plan has been eliminated.
- Preferred Specialty Drugs are not covered under the plan. We are utilizing RX Help Center to advocate and find alternative sources of coverage for you and your dependent’s specialty medication. They also can help individuals obtain assistance with high costing generic and brand name RX. To register go to http://rxc82900-sy-must.rxhelpcenters.com and click on the Registration Tab.
- Preventive Health Care services as defined under federal law include, but are not limited to, colonoscopies, immunizations, and vaccinations. Any services that are billed as a diagnostic service will be covered under regular medical benefits.
- Virtual visits have a maximum charge of $48 or a $25 copay depending on the medical plan you selected.
- Mental Health/Substance Use services for those on a HDHP are subject to your deductible and out-of- pocket.
To get the most out of your medical benefits, it is imperative that members be informed about the coverage the plan provides. Please visit Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) secure member portal at www.bcbsmt.com. Once registered you can check benefits and eligibility, find a provider, review EOB’s and view your Member ID Card.
DENTAL PLAN CHANGES – Delta Dental
- MUST offered an enhanced dental plan option for groups to choose from. The Basic Plan offered a maximum benefit of $1,500 per person per plan year and the Enhanced Plan offers a maximum benefit of $2,500 per person per plan year. Please note that diagnostic and preventive services go towards the maximum benefit amount.
Setting up an online account offers you the ability to get information about your plan, check benefits and
eligibility information, find a network dentist and more. Sign up at www.deltadentalins.com.
VISION PLAN CHANGES – VSP
- MUST eliminated the Hardware only plan. The existing plan now encompasses exam and hardware benefits.
If you live in a rural area which is considered 25 miles from home zip code to an in-network provider, please call VSP Member Services at 800-877-7195. Utilizing your benefit is easy by creating an account at www.vsp.com. At your appointment, just tell them you have VSP, and they will look up your benefits.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
This is included with the Medical Plan. You and your family members can use EAP services – no copays or deductibles needed. Your EAP includes 5 free therapy sessions per issue. Once you’ve received these free sessions, you can use your BCBSMT network benefits to keep seeing the same therapist in most cases. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help. Call 844-216-8709 or go online to www.guidanceresources.com – WEB ID: BCBSMTEAP.
You can make changes to your benefit elections during the year only if you have a qualifying status change. Events that qualify as a “status change” include, but not limited to, adoption, birth, death, divorce, legal separation, marriage, newly eligible for benefits and loss of coverage. Additionally, events allowed for dropping coverage include, but are not limited to, divorce/legal separation, death, becoming Medicare eligible, gain of coverage and retiring. You’ll have anywhere from 30 to 60 days to notify MUST and may need to verify by providing documentation. Please reach out to the MUST Benefits Team to see if you are eligible to add or drop coverage.
To view your enrollment elections, make changes to your personal information, view forms and resources and to make changes to your benefit elections go to www.mustbenefits.benelogic.com.
MUST provides numerous resources to help improve your well-being, understand your healthcare benefits, and navigate your coverage options. For dedicated, personalized assistance, the MUST Benefits Team is available