By submitting a photograph, the photographer (also referred to as “you” or “your”) grants Montana Unified School Trust (MUST)/Montana School Services Foundation (MSSF) a royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly display submitted photographs for advertising, promotional, and other purposes. The photographer may or may not be credited when their photo is used. The photographer retains all rights to their photos for personal use. Photographer releases MUST/MSSF and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liabilities relating to said images.
- By submitting a photograph, you represent that you have been given the authority by each individual depicted in a photograph to bind such individuals to these terms and conditions. You are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from every identifiable person depicted in your photo (for minors, releases from their parents or legal guardians are required), and you must be able to provide copies of those releases to MUST/MSSF if requested.
- You acknowledge that MUST/MSSF may, at its sole discretion, publish or otherwise use any photograph submitted by you for future marketing purposes and in any publication or Web site without notice or permission.
- By submitting a photograph, you (and any other individual depicted in a photograph) (i) acknowledge that participation in submitting a photo is completely voluntary and (ii) unconditionally and irrevocably waive all claims to compensation for the taking or use of the photograph, and/or any rights with respect to such use you may have under copyright law, the right to publicity, the right to privacy, the law of defamation, and any other common law or statutory claims under the laws of any jurisdiction.
- You represent and warrant that (i) the photo submission is your original work, (ii) your submission does not violate any agreement between you and a third party, and (iii) your photo shall not infringe upon or violate any law, agreement, or other rights of any kind, of any third party, without limitation, rights affecting copyright, patent, trademark, unfair competition, contract, defamation, privacy or publicity.
- MUST/MSSF reserves the right to disallow submissions that depict brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on signs or posters or in other forms, or that in its sole judgment are harmful to the public order or violate standards of decency.
LICENSE AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The copyright in any submission shall remain the property of the photographer, and by submitting a photo, you grant MUST/MSSF, and those authorized by MUST/MSSF, a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the submission, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, to support its work and that of MUST/MSSF’s affiliates. Uses include, but are not limited to: print and digital, electronic newsletters; websites; slide shows; social media; and promotional items such as printed cards, and calendars. Any photo reproduced may or may not include a photographer credit. MUST/MSSF will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with the above.
RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By submitting a photo, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless MUST/MSSF and its sponsoring organizations, its employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of the photograph submission. MUST/MSSF is not responsible for any inaccurate information, whether caused by the photographer or printing errors.
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- All photos must have been taken in the state of Montana.
- Photographs must be in digital format (captured with either a digital camera or scanned from a film slide,
negative, or print) and submitted in .JPG, .TIF, or .PNG format. If possible, photos should be 300dpi.
- Do not place a watermark on photo submissions.
- In order to submit a photograph, you must be 18 years or older.