MUST was started on July 1, 1987, for the purpose of ensuring that Montana’s public schools had options available when it came to providing health benefits for their employees. We are a multi-employer, self-funded, non-federal government plan, federally regulated by the Public Health Service Act.
To serve the public education community of Montana by providing high-quality, cost-effective health benefit plans and services through the Montana Unified School Trust.
As a team, we are committed to the following values:
- Exceptional Service. Serving members every day, not just the day they enroll.
- Integrity. Being honest in all that we do.
- Innovation. Using technology and creativity to deliver solutions.
- Continuous Improvement. Always getting better at what we do.
- Wellness. Improving the health and well-being of our members and employees.
To be the most trusted benefits provider in Montana.